We are looking for a kind person who is willing to work with kids at Primary school in Ljubljana. We are coordinating the project.
The call is open for young adults aged between 18 and 30, from EU member states to be an assistant in primary school of Osnovna šola Majde Vrhovnik to work 5 days a week from 9am to 4pm (or from 8am to 3pm upon prior agreement), 35 hours weekly.
Dates: november 2023 until 30th June 2024
Your role will be to take part in the activities prepared by the teachers and mentors. Your main focus will be on keeping the students company. We invite you to bring your knowledge and areas of strength to the process. During the lessons, you can participate in all classes and engage in the learning process.
Here are activities that you can do:
– Join in play and teaching-through-play activities with younger pupils,
– Get involved in sports games, music and art activities in the classroom with older pupils,
– Introduce your homeland as part of the geography and history lessons,
– Help the students improve their speaking and social skills by conversing with them during the foreign language lessons in English or German,
– Keep the pupils company, as a chaperone, in all out-of-school planned activities (e.g.sports days, bicycle exams),
– Join a variety of after-school activities with us and play chess, sports, build with clay, hike, make music, create art, read and more,
– Create your own interest group activity with a mentor,
– Help younger pupils after lunch with their homework and encourage them to read and play with them.
More information with aplication form are available here. Deadline to apply is 22nd of October 2023.